Monday, September 24, 2007

A star-ghan for a friend and a rectangle stash buster!



Been a while since I posted anything. Moving got in the way, and I haven't had a lot of time to post here until now.

Since coming to Minnesota from Mississippi, I've done a few things. These are the first couple of projects I'd completed since the move!

My friend is having a baby. She'd seen my star-ghans and had wanted one for her soon to be. I had some yellow and light blue yarn in my stash, as well as a skein of pastel multicolor, so I put them together and they turned out lovely! I sent it to her along with my Baby Blue afghan as a bonus.

I still had a ton of yarn in my stash (and still do, to be honest), so I picked out a few colors that seemed to go together well that I'd never be able to use in any other projects and started working on a granny-ghan. Instead of making the usual square type that I've made many times already, I went ahead and tried for a rectangle shape. I'm told that it DOES look rectangular in shape, but I'm missing it, I think. I should have made the inner square longer. That would've given it a more elongated shape, I figure. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Lesalicious said...

Love your starghan I know your friend will just love it cute. Like all your crochet work keep it up.:)