Sunday, May 27, 2007

For my sister-in-law's baby.



Shortly after finishing the blanket I mentioned before, I found out that my sister-in-law would be having a baby. I had a lot of extra baby yarn left over, so I decided that I'd make up a blanket for her.

Looking back on this, it took a lot longer than it should have. Something like this would take me about a day or two to complete now. This took me several weeks to finish back then.

I didn't really like the colors very much. My mother had insisted that I buy a color of Red Heart Soft Baby yarn called "Koolaid", which has since been discontinued. I would have preferred something like Bunny or Angel Print myself.

I made this blanket a lot heartier. I knew that with a baby, it would be put to heavier use than my previous blanket, and I'm glad for the experience that blanket gave me. Otherwise, I don't think my sister-in-law would be using this blanket anymore... ^_^;

No comments: